When someone installs Density in a location, they get access to real time, accurate people count. Our API is the foundational component that customers rely on when integrating and interacting with our data. Making people-count data available, in a real-time setting, means all underlying systems must be continuously operational and ready to scale at a moment's notice.
We’re looking for an engineer to help bring Density on-premise for our enterprise customers. This position will play a large role on both the hardware and software teams in crafting the deployment, orchestration, and management systems that power Density in a closed system, at enterprise locations.
While Density is a remote-friendly company, we have offices in San Francisco, New York City, and Syracuse, NY.
This position reports to Density's Head of Engineering
Here's what we're looking for
- Deep experience with on-premise deployments and best practices
- Linux system experience with a focus on systemd and rpm
- Knowledge of AWS stack (IAM, RDS, Elasticache, Autoscaling, SQS, Load Balancing, Elasticsearch, Route53, Cloudfront)
- Experience with distributed data systems (Hadoop, Kafka, Kubernetes, Zookeeper, quorum based platforms, message brokers)
- Experience with ELK Stack (Elasticseach, Logstash, Kibana) for logging and debugging
- Python application support and/or packaging
- Linux server administration - syslog, permissions, nginx
- Understanding of container management with Docker
- Advanced ability to craft clear and concise documentation
Icing on the cake
- 5+ years industry experience building and scaling web applications and APIs
- Familiarity with software build systems such as CMake, Autotools, and Make
- Experience with automation and configuration management using Ansible
- Deep experience with Python and Django
More info: https://ift.tt/2VVwiAG