BeamNG GmbH is focused on creating a state-of-the-art, real-time, soft-body physics engine and making it widely available for entertainment and simulation purposes. Our most widely known product is our vehicle game BeamNG.drive, which is now available on Steam in Early Access.
In order to support our on-going and future development plans in the entertainment, industrial and research fields we wish to hire a developer with experience of porting Windows applications onto Linux and game console environments. The candidate we are looking for has a proven track record of supporting Linux applications, working independently and being entrusted with long-term development projects. Our efforts include both working with academic and industrial partners who are using our unique physics technology for research, training and simulation purposes and this role also covers the responsibility of liaising with our clients to support the operation of our tech in the client hardware environment. The ideal candidate will have 3+ years experience of working on projects requiring adherence to strict deliverables and timelines. Participation in the process of determining client requirements and troubleshooting will be a central element of this role. Further responsibilities are to ensure that the Linux client stays up to date with the on-going improvements made to the Windows client as well as optimizing our technology performance on other platforms. The successful candidate will also be responsible for championing the wider development requirements to ensure continued support of Linux and other platforms.
- Port our existing Windows technology to Linux/SteamOS/POSIX and other operating systems
- Giving support to academia and industrial partners for custom platforms, soft- and hardware
- Support the internal development team in writing cross-platform code
- Remain up to date on technological developments
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills: three years of experience in the C/C++ language
- Knowledge in porting software between Windows and POSIX systems.
- Self motivated to discover and solve challenging problems
- Strong English skills (written and verbal): All communication will be in English
- Experience with gaming console development
- Knowledge of GCC/ LLVM / crosscompiling
- Experience with the Wine ecosystem
- Third party TRC/TCR compliance experience
- Experience with cloud service providers
What we offer
- Small team, short communication paths
- Remote work a possibility for experienced candidates
- Flexible working hours
Salary is dependent on experience. This is a full-time position. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds. Our multinational team is based both at our office in Bremen, Germany or works remotely from locations around the world. More information about BeamNG GmbH can be found at: http://www.beamng.gmbh
To apply for this position please email a motivation letter and your CV highlighting your previous work experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
More info: https://ift.tt/39tRnpO