New Context is a rapidly growing consulting company in the heart of downtown San Francisco. We specialize in Lean Security: a methodology to consistently apply DevSecOps strategies, leading organizations to build better, safer software through hands-on technical and management consulting. . We are a group of engineers who live and breathe Agile Infrastructure, Systems Automation, Cloud Orchestration, and Information & Application Security.
We are seeking a Managed Services Engineer to work remotely as part of a team supporting services for our MSP clients. Support duties include break/fix work, scaling and capacity planning, and participating in a scheduled on-call rotation.
Expect to heavily use Open Source software to take on challenges like delivery of highly secured containers, management of IoT devices or supporting Big Data ecosystems at petabyte scale and beyond. You will utilize our core methodologies - Agile, Lean, TDD and Pair Programming - along with your fluency in DevOps - to run robust and reliable systems for our clients.
We foster a tight-knit, highly-supportive environment where there are no stupid questions. Even if you do not know the answer immediately, you'll have the entire company supporting you via Slack, Zoom, or in-person. We also host a daily, all-company stand-up via Zoom, and a weekly company Retro, so you won't just be a name on an email.
At New Context, our core values are Humility, Accountability, Integrity, Empathy, Creativity, Transparency, Quality & Passion! Our employees live these values every single day.
Who you are:
- Engineer with 2-4 years of IT Experience (Desktop Support, Systems Engineering, Systems Administration);
- Comfortable with at least one high-level language, ideally Ruby and/or Python (but could be anything);
- Experienced in Open Source web technologies, especially Docker, Kubernetes, GitLab, and/or the HashiCorp suite;
- An excellent communicator, able to deliver project status and explain technical elements to non-technical audiences;
- Able to think on your feet and learn quickly on-the-job in order to meet the expectations of our clients;
- A great teammate and a creative and independent thinker.
Bonus points if you are:
- Experienced with in-depth AWS administration;
- Experienced and effective working with external clients and customers;
- A believer in automated tests and their role in software engineering;
- Able to translate complex concepts to business customers
Technology we use:
We tailor solutions to our customers. You might support any of the following technologies:
- Automation: HashiCorp Product Suite (Terraform, Packer, Vault, Consul, Vagrant), Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, Automated Testing
- Containerization Ecosystem: Kubernetes, Docker, D2IQ, Nomad, Rancher, CoreOS
- Cloud & Virtualization: AWS, GCP, Azure, OpenStack, Cloudstack, kvm, libvirt
- Tools: GitLab, Jenkins, Atlassian Suite, Pivotal Tracker, Git,
- Monitoring: SysDig, Tistlock, Datadog, AppDynamics, New Relic, Sentry, Nagios, Prometheus
- Databases/Datastores: Cassandra, Hadoop, Redis, PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Security: Compliance Automation, Application Security, Firewalls, OSSEC, AuthN and AuthZ
We are committed to equal-employment principles, and we recognize the value of committed employees who feel they are being treated in an equitable and professional manner. We are passionate about finding ways to attract, develop and retain the talent and unique viewpoints needed to meet business objectives, and to recruit and employ highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities in which we live, because we believe that this diversity results in conversations which stimulate new and innovative ideas.
Employment policies and decisions on employment and promotion are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
More info: https://ift.tt/2QNsnmo