The preferred candidate has a very strong Postgres background including construction and optimization of complex queries, normalization and denormalization, providing resource usage analysis, replication, backups, etc.
The job would entail approximately 10-20 hours a week of flexible work and would likely run 2-3 months with the possibility of extension. Work would be task based with timelines negotiated depending on request.
- Work with development and operations teams to profile and tune queries for optimal performance
- Work with development and operations teams to develop indexing strategy and provide other performance optimizations
- Maintain security and integrity controls
- Hands-on experience on database administration, analysis, and monitoring in cloud environments
- Experience in code migration, database change management through various stages of development life cycle
- 3-5 years experience writing queries and operating PostgreSQL databases
Job Type: Contract
Work Hours: Flexible - reasonable responsiveness to expected
Duration: Approximately 2-3 months with potential to extend
More info: https://ift.tt/2yykuLj