Research Square is the leader in ethical author-oriented solutions in the world of academic publishing and we help researchers succeed through our world-class technology-enabled services. We are home to American Journal Experts (AJE), which provides solutions that help researchers communicate their work so they can get back to making discoveries. Research Square is a dynamic company with a global reach, located in the West Village area of Durham, NC.
We are looking for a mid- to senior-level Software Engineer to join our customer-facing engineering team. Our ideal candidate exhibits personal humility and strives to enable the success of their team in our collaborative work environment.
As a Software Engineer, you will solve a variety of problems. You will design and create the software needed to support our company initiatives, and the solutions you create will be used by researchers around the world. You will write new code that is reliable and maintainable. You will refactor existing code and fix defects. You will apply pragmatism and best practices to all of the problems you solve.
Our development process is structured around a 2-week sprint cycle. You will work with stakeholders to gather requirements and turn feature requests into reality. You will have time to write unit tests, your code will be reviewed by peers, and it will be deployed to production on a weekly basis. Additionally, you will have time to explore new ideas and address technical debt during the first two days of every sprint.
- 3+ years of PHP or OOP development
- Experience using a PHP framework
- Experience with Git or other DVCS
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
**Relocation is not required. We are looking to fill this position immediately. As a result, we will only be able to consider candidates who are currently authorized to work in the US for any employer at this time.
We are especially interested in candidates with any of these qualifications:
- Experience with modern PHP frameworks (e.g. Laminas / Zend Framework 3)
- Experience with Go
- Experience with payment processors (e.g. Braintree, PayPal, Alipay)
- Experience with accounting systems (e.g. Zoho Books)
- Experience with Domain-Driven Design
Our Current Toolbox
- Back-end: PHP 7.4, Laminas / Zend Framework 3, Go, MySQL, Docker, AWS
- Front-end: React & Redux, Jekyll
More info: https://ift.tt/2UT3zM9